Malta Society of the Blind
The Malta Society of the Blind as Controller over your personal data is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will manage any personal information we may process.
1. Collection of Information
Personal data may be collected by us for the following means when you use the website:
• Information about your use of this website;
• Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering for events or making donations.
• Information that you make available when you register in the website.
This information may include your name and contact details.
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of the website and to improve the website’s usability.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website and to improve the website’s usability. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
For the list of cookies used by this website, click here.
3. Use of personal data and principles for Processing.
Personal Data will only be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently. It will be collected for a specific, explicit, and legitimate purpose and the data collected will be limited to what is necessary for the purpose of its use. Personal data will be processed accurately, will not be kept longer than necessary, and the integrity and confidentiality of personal data shall be maintained at all times.
4. Security of personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
5. Data Retention
Your personal data is retained for as long as is necessary to carry out the purpose for which it was collected.
If you have registered on the site you may unsubscribe at any time. Once unsubscribed, your personal data will be deleted immediately.
6. Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation
In terms of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) you have the following rights:
• Erasure of Personal Data: when you have the right to have your data erased following a request to the Controller
• Rectification of Personal Data: you may request that inaccurate personal data be corrected and that incomplete personal data be completed.
• Restriction of and the Right to Object to Processing: you can request that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain cases, eg: where the accuracy of the data needs to be verified. Some grounds depending on your particular situation may give you the right to object to processing.
• Right of Access and Right to Data Portability: You have a right to be given a copy of your personal data.
• Right to Complain to a Supervisory Authority: If you feel that your data protection rights have not been respected, a complaint may be lodged with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection.
7. Lawful Basis for Processing
We only process Personal Data where there is a lawful basis for doing so. The data processed on this website may be processed on one of the following lawful bases: (i) your consent, which may be withdrawn at any time (ii) where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to carry out pre-contractual measures (iii) if we are subject to a legal obligation where processing of personal data is required, (iv) if processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data.
8. Policy amendments
9. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies (or content) of third party websites. Each third party website will itself act as its own data controller.
If you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal data, you may contact us on: email@example.com.
The creator of this site has the copyright on the content of this website for own texts, art works, materials and ideas that are not subject to the rights of 3rd parties (see also below "Names and Trademarks").
Names and Trademarks
All names, trademarks, logos, etc. mentioned on this website are the property of their respective owners. Sources mentioned retain their rights..
The creator of this site is not liable in any form for damages or losses that may be caused by using this website and the information provided on this site. The user uses the information at his/her own risk. The creator of this site is also not responsible for the content of any 3rd party websites and/or services accessed through or referred to from this website.
The information on this website is:
° of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity; not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
° sometimes linked to external sites over which the Malta Society of the Blind have no control and for which we assume no responsibility;
° not professional or legal advice. If you need specific advice, we suggest that you consult a suitably qualified professional.
Information on existing apps, systems, and products is taken from various publicly accessible sources, e.g., from the Internet.
This website was created for the
Malta Society of the Blind
69, Triq Is-Sidra
phone: +49 2821 5908161
mobile: +356 99194237